For today’s consumers, the web is where it’s at. They turn to Google to find the businesses and services they’re looking for and they turn to Yelp to get others’ first-hand experiences before trying something new. They also expect you to have a web page and want to find timely information on your site when they visit. Web marketing can seem daunting, but you can take advantage of free tools and maximize your exposure with these five simple tips.
1. Claim your space on Google Places. The majority of traffic is Google powered, which means in many cases, people will go to your Google Places page before your website. By signing up for Google Places, you will ensure you show up on Google Search, Google Maps, Google+ and mobile devices. Best of all, it is free and easy. Just visit www.google.com/places to add photos of your location, your hours and more. You can also read more on Google Places from NATSO here.
2. Create an account on Yelp. Yelp is an online guide that provides a forum for people to come together and talk about good service, good food and go-to businesses. Consumers want to see reviews by other customers, and those reviews will make or break a stop. If you haven’t already, look to see what people are saying about your business on the site and take the time to create a free account. Once you do, you can post photos, add additional information and respond to customer feedback. Visit https://biz.yelp.com/ to get started.
3. Sign up for Facebook. Facebook is one of the most popular social media sites out there and today’s consumers expect established businesses to have a page. Once you create a page, take time to post to your timeline regularly. You can also use the site to initiate conversations with your customers. Visit Facebook at www.facebook.com or take advantage of a step-by-step guide to Facebook NATSO created.
4. Update your email signature line. Be sure to include your email address, phone number and website. It is a free and easy way to promote your website and what you have to offer.
5. Review your website regularly. Check to make sure information is current and that all the links work.
About Nick Damoulakis. Since co-founding the web-design ﬁrm Orases ten years ago, Nick Damoulakis, the company’s president, has established a proven track record of developing dynamic, logical and easy-to-use web-based solutions. He recently appeared in the Human Library at The NATSO Show.
Photo Credit: Manae/bigstock.com